As we’ve stayed in lockstep with large employers throughout the challenging stages of the COVID-19 crisis, we continue to do so as the next stage comes upon us: return to work. Companies are now entering this transitional period where they have to navigate how to re-open the workplace, so we’ve taken the same efforts we applied to COVID-19 communications and are now applying those to support return-to-work strategy.
In addition to the recent national survey we conducted on employee readiness regarding return to work, we held an exclusive Q&A with an infectious-disease expert to get professional recommendations. We’ve taken our survey findings and the wisdom from this expert to assemble a set of 10 best practices for return-to-work strategy. They culminate to achieve the following mission: “Helping employees feel heard, supported, and safe”
Below are the best practices, each one listed under an accompanying piece of that mission:
- Communicate often to inspire confidence and loyalty in your employees
- Segment messaging strategically to high-risk members and other key groups
- Inform employees of preventive measures, evolving COVID-19 circumstances, etc.
- Boost accessibility of various COVID-19 testing options
- Display CDC recommendations with prominent signage
- Use daily status questionnaire to enable contactless screening
- Create an infection-control taskforce, ensuring some employees are owning the involved initiatives
- Monitor employee health by greeting them at the door to perform temperature screenings, hand sanitizer, etc.
- Provide PPE to employees
- Provide safety protocol checklist for designated inspectors—and allow employees to submit suggestions
By consolidating this collection of best practices, our goal is to continue to help employers in this complicated journey. These practices will be enabled by our existing platform, as well as new, embedded features—daily symptom surveying, safety checklists, and more—that will give employers valuable insight, inspire employee confidence and comfort, and help keep the workplace safe.